Monday, June 10, 2013

Create 'n Date Late

Hello to you!

Even though it has already been over a week ago (oh how time flies), I wanted to share a little something about the wonderful Sunday I had in Amsterdam at Create 'n Date. This creative event was organized by my dear friend Maaike from creJJtion.

The day started at 10 am and ended at 14 pm. In those 4 hours 45 women (bloggers and Instagrammers (IG'ers)) came together in Amsterdam to enjoy latte's, lovely cakes, fabulous lunch, lovely sunny weather and we were able to partake in 3 different crochet workshops!

One was by Annemarie from Annemarie's Haakblog and her workshop was about making a lovely flower.
The second one also was a flower, by Saskia from Haken Bij Saar en Mien. Biggest difference to Annemarie's flower, was the use of the magic loop.
And last but not least, Claire from Haken en Meer, did a lovely bracelet in her workshop.

As it turned out, the weather was wonderful so we sat outside in the sun all morning and afternoon. It was absolutely amazing to meet a lot of people that I see and read about in cyber world (blogs or through IG). The atmosphere was amazing and it felt like we had been sitting on that Amsterdam terrace every Sunday for the past years, like old friends, crocheting our hearts out.

Result for me was practicing my crochet abilities again as I had sort of neglected them and was afraid to get started again. With help from Claire, Saskia and And I ended up with the cutest bracelet! And I took up my crochet project which I started a long time ago, which is a shawl for my daughter.

As for pictures... I hardly took any as I was so caught up in chatting and crocheting ~smile~ Create 'n Date was fabulous and I will definitely be at the next one!

Love xoxo,
Maartje

No comments:

Post a Comment